Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Missing Piece


I have mentioned my Missing Piece before in previous blog posts, but I enjoy sharing it again.

I think that there are many things that a human body is built to do.   We are ABLE to do different and amazing things.  I enjoy looking at YouTube to see the most popular of these activities on any given day.

But it is very special when you can know what you were MADE to do.  Many people call it "finding your Missing Piece"

With a high degree of confidence, adoptive parents know what I am talking about, and know intimately the feelings of joy we have in the gift of our children.

So we celebrate our incredible joy, and alleviate our feelings of guilt over the pain of their beginnings. We meticulously hang on to all our travel memorabilia (ours is gathering dust in a big plastic bin in the closet).  We spend money on Finding Ads.  We go on Heritage Tours back to China,  take DNA tests, actively search out birthparents.  We learn Mandarin, make documentaries, write books, and form charity organizations.

:)

   Most of us realize that the odds of discovering the Truth of our child's beginnings are slim.   We come to realize, however, that in this context, Love is greater than Truth, and that Love is the only Truth that matters in life.

  
(above - Why I Was Made)

No comments:

Post a Comment